The Dash Modular Bench is made with a BIONIC Polymer core. BIONIC Polymer is made with plastic recovered from shorelines, waterways, and coastal communities. Recovered Coastal Plastic (RCP) = BIONIC Polymer.
Utilizing BIONIC Polymer, Tenjam has made a giant leap forward in recycled materials and proven that Recovered Coastal Plastic (RCP) can be economically recovered, recycled, and turned into high performance products. Tenjam is possibly the first manufacturer in the world to incorporate plastic marine debris into commercial quality furniture and the first to incorporate BIONIC Polymer into any type of product. BIONIC Polymer is made with plastic recovered from shorelines, waterways, and coastal communities.
The Dash (straight modular bench) and the Swerve (arc shaped modular bench) can be set up alone or together to create many arrangements. Suitable for both indoor and outdoor use.
- Modular: design allows for many arrangements.
- Stay Dry Top: designed so liquids run off the top to keep the seat surface dry.
- Raised Bottom: allows air flow under the design to eliminate moisture trapping.
- Round Edges: increased safety by eliminating sharp edges and corners.
- Wide Base: great seating stability.
- MAS Certified Green for healthier indoor air quality.
- Ganging & Floor Securing: Threaded brass inserts on the bottom of the bench allow for the use of Tenjam’s stainless steel ganging bracket.
Dimensions: 47 Inch Length x 18 Inch Width x 16.5 Inch Seat Height, 40 lbs
WEIGHT CAP: Recessed Screw Cap factory installed into the base. Opens for sand/gravel filling to make the product very heavy. The cap is always white in color.
BRACKETS: This option adds 2 Deluxe and 2 straight stainless steel ganging brackets with screws. Connect Dash with another Dash, Dash to Swerve, or Swerve to Swerve. One ganging bracket kit will allow you to make two bench connections or anchor one bench to the ground. Fasteners for securing the units to the floor are not included.
The advantages of BIONIC Polymer:
1) BIONIC Polymer is plastic pieces that are being hand-collected directly from the beach (shorelines), waterways, and from the ground in coastal communities. This process directly removes plastic pollution from the places where it’s in the direct path of harming marine life. Thus, by removing this material we believe we are saving marine life, removing unsightly pollution, and still making high performance products. That’s a win, win, win.
2) The plastic that is recovered and converted into BIONIC Polymer is some of the most difficult plastic to collect and recycle. It’s all the types of plastic debris you can imagine floating in the oceans and washing up on the beaches. Abandoned fishing gear, plastic ropes, broken buoys, shredded tarps, packaging, grocery bags, dinnerware, bottles & caps, toys, etc. Plus, it’s generally tiny fragments and takes days and weeks of hard work to clean a shoreline.
3) Our use of BIONIC Polymer is offsetting equal amounts of virgin plastic and post-consumer and post-industrial recycled plastic.
4) The use of BIONIC Polymer is opening the eyes of more people to the global problem of plastic pollution in the oceans. We hope that more people begin taking action in their own communities to intercept plastic pollution before it reaches our waterways, oceans, and shorelines.
More Product Benefits:
- Rust Proof
- Durable – extreme impact resistance
- Safe – one part construction, no sharp edges
- Strong – can support over 1000 lbs
- Chemical Resistance – can withstand hundreds of chemicals, body oils, and fluids
- Easy Wash – use soap, water, and many common cleaning products
- Easy Disinfect – use 9:1 water to bleach ratio, hydrogen peroxide, and other disinfectants. There are no stitched seams or hidden crevices where bacteria/bedbugs can harbor