The name “Amped” is inspired by the amplitude, the peak of a wave and relate to the backrest of the Amped Chair. In the USA for example, Amped is a very positive word. People use it to show off their enthusiasm about doing anything they are looking forward to. “I’m amped to go surfing today!”
So be Amped!
Amped Seat & Side Table Design and Material Benefits:
- Stay Dry Seat: the top of the seat/tabe is very slightly crowned so it sheds water and dries quickly.
- Anti-Moisture Trapping: the design of the base has minimal contact area with the ground and eliminates the possibility of trapping moisture between the base of the chair and the ground surface.
- Round Edges: increased safety by eliminating sharp edges and corners.
- Rust Proof
- Durable – extreme impact resistance.
- Safe – one part construction, no sharp edges.
- Strong – can support over 750 lbs.
- Chemical Resistance – hard polymer material can withstand hundreds of chemicals, body oils, and fluids.
- Easy Wash – use soap, water, and many common cleaning products.
- Easy Disinfect – use 9:1 water to bleach ratio, hydrogen peroxide, and other disinfectants. There are no stitched seams or hidden crevices where bacteria/bedbugs can harbor.
- MAS Certified Green for healthier indoor air quality.
- BIONIC Polymer incorporated into every Amped product.
WEIGHT CAP: This is a recessed Screw Cap factory installed into the base. You may open the screw cap and use a funnel to add heavy pea-gravel into the core of the product. The pea-gravel must me sourced locally. With this option you could add over 40 lbs of additional weight to the Amped Seat & Side Table. The added weight may be necessary for outdoor patios and pool decks above the ground floor. Also great for high-traffic spaces where you prefer that your guests do not move the furniture.
Made with a BIONIC Polymer core. BIONIC Polymer is made with plastic recovered from shorelines, waterways, and coastal communities. Recovered Coastal Plastic (RCP) = BIONIC Polymer.
The advantages of BIONIC Polymer:
1) BIONIC Polymer is plastic pieces that are being hand-collected directly from the beach (shorelines), waterways, and from the ground in coastal communities. This process directly removes plastic pollution from the places where it’s in the direct path of harming marine life. Thus, by removing this material we believe we are saving marine life, removing unsightly pollution, and still making high performance products. That’s a win, win, win.
2) The plastic that is recovered and converted into BIONIC Polymer is some of the most difficult plastic to collect and recycle. It’s all the types of plastic debris you can imagine floating in the oceans and washing up on the beaches. Abandoned fishing gear, plastic ropes, broken buoys, shredded tarps, packaging, grocery bags, dinnerware, bottles & caps, toys, etc. Plus, it’s generally tiny fragments and takes days and weeks of hard work to clean a shoreline.
3) Our use of BIONIC Polymer is offsetting equal amounts of virgin plastic and post-consumer and post-industrial recycled plastic.
4) The use of BIONIC Polymer is opening the eyes of more people to the global problem of plastic pollution in the oceans. We hope that more people begin taking action in their own communities to intercept plastic pollution before it reaches our waterways, oceans, and shorelines.